Enjoy a 1,5 hour fjord cruise from Bergen harbour. Take a Bergen Fjord Safari with RIB-boat for a unique and exciting way to experience Bergen. The tour also includes a visit to the Norwegian Fisheries Museum.
Set out on a 1.5-hour fjord safari by RIB-boat from Vågen bay in central Bergen into the Byfjord, taking in sights such as Bergenhus Fortress and the medieval Bryggen quay as you begin your waterborne adventure. While still in the city harbor, you’ll enjoy views of the Old Bergen Museum, Bergen’s world-famous aquarium and towering Mount Fløyen.
Once in the Byfjord proper, we will turn to the Norwegian Fisheries Museum. A guide will welcome you at the museum and take you on a tour through the protected 18th century wharf side warehouses. At the museum you will discover and ocean of secrets and stories about how life was lived in Bergen and along the coast throughout the ages.
You will learn about how fish farming has developed from its humble beginning in the 1970s into Norway's second largest export industry. The warehouses were essential in the development of Bergen and you will discover the use of the buildings and the unique architecture and décor of Bryggen and Sandviken’s wharf side warehouses.
- Meeting point at Zachariasbryggen, Vågen Bergen harbour 20 minutes before departure
- Before the trip starts the guide will inform about the safety conditions
- RIB-boats are equipped with all necessary safety equipment. You will receive floatation suits, for warmth and safety. If necessary, you will also receive gloves
- Wear practical outdoor clothes and shoes, and bring sunglasses
- An experienced skipper will be with you during the trip
- For more information and booking click here